IT ALL BEGAN IN 1790…
Grégoire, an optician, created a workshop for making spectacles in Lyon. It remained in the hands of the Grégoire family throughout the 19th century.
Henri Peter, a spectacles trader, bought Maison Grégoire, which was then located in Place Bellecour, Lyon. Maison Henri Peter was created.
Henri Peter, in collaboration with Doctor Garel, developed a stereo-laryngoscope, which was exported as far as the USA.
André Rochet, Henri Peter’s son-in-law, joined the company, where he developed the distribution of ophthalmic equipment and microscopes.
Henri Rochet, Henri Peter’s grandson, created an optics and mechanics workshop for special applications.
The company developed a radiation-resistant video camera for nuclear applications.
Xavier Rochet, Henri Peter’s great-grandson, joined the company.
Optique Peter now makes optomechanical systems for various sectors of activity: nuclear, synchrotrons, research, vision machines, microelectronics, industry, medical.
Optique Peter exports to 24 countries.